ccgathering.com
July 25, 2017, 12:45:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Played Full Court basketball Last Night....and Lived!  (Read 29148 times)
Underdog
CCG Moderator

« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »

Joel, it seems you need an alternative sport/exercise to mix in between basketball seasons.  Ever thought of taking up yoga?

Yeah, me neither.

Grin

Your confidence in a proposition should be proportional to the strength of the evidence supporting it.
Jerry Coyne
Joel J.

« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2014, 09:48:02 AM »

My son and I do get into playing Horse and although it it is not super rigorous I do sweat a lot when I am behind. I get enough exercise in the summer just by keeping up the place, I would like to hike more.

We are currently building a 14x15 grape trellis and installing pavers underneath it which breaks a sweat.
Joel J.

« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2014, 12:17:41 PM »

My son and I do get into playing Horse and although it it is not super rigorous I do sweat a lot when I am behind. I get enough exercise in the summer just by keeping up the place, I would like to hike more.

We are currently building a 14x15 grape trellis and installing pavers underneath it which breaks a sweat.

Back on Atkin's 268...loosing as long as I do not eat too much at night..wrist still fragile bracing it, knee good now, blood pressure doing good with new meds. Cleaning up for 4th but not much to do as we have it under control, working in garden best year I have had as far as time in the garden. Cut up Glenn's hedge yesterday was 94 here.

Here is the finished grape trellis and picnic shelter...sounds like your fence is cool Gord.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:19:37 PM by Joel J. » Logged
Underdog
CCG Moderator

« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »

Nice artwork.  Your creation?

Your confidence in a proposition should be proportional to the strength of the evidence supporting it.
Jerry Coyne
Joel J.

« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2014, 10:03:42 AM »

Yes, I made a compost bin from a huge oil tank. My nephew was digging up oil tanks for $ on the side and I got one. We put all out Costco cardboard and kitchen scraps in it for three years and it would never fill up, the worms became a regular Woodstock and were "a half a million strong". Later I quit and had a huge metal tank to cut apart so I started making art figures. They are crude being cut out with a torch but get the idea across. I have a senator from Nevada I am going to hit up and see if I can get a grant for a Plasma Cutter. grin.

Here is my 86 year old neighbor on his lawn mower, I snuck over and snapped a shot.
Joel J.

« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2014, 10:03:20 AM »

Played ball last night but my knee I have been resting all summer acted up and so I quit after one game. It was making my hobble and I knew not to continue, I could not move fast anyway. I will have to see what the future brings letting it rest more. I have to work for a living and can not risk further injury. Sad but at least I did not over do it and loose work, 267. I did make one put back my only shot.
Joel J.

« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2014, 10:25:15 AM »

Ok back at it....played basketball last night and had a great time. My knee has been better but I was afraid to test it..I almost did not play but decided to see what was up. Some guys prayed for it also this week so hey...here goes. The knee was fine and I was pleasantly surprised I was able to go all night and now this morning it feels great..even better than other mornings. Praise God for the outcome. Whether a healing is nature or supernatural God designed the body so He gets the glory either way...... hey??
             So I know you are wanting to know how I did so here goes.....I made my first shot and that put me on the first team so we won our first game and then lost our second but that was ok because I was tired. I missed my only shot of the night but made about three put backs. I was called for fouling a guy over his back but did not touch him and so I got the ball. The guys hate that because I reach over them and disrupt them receiving their rebound. Even though I was going 3/4 speed I was getting a fair number of offensive and defensive rebounds. I stood around a lot as to save the knee. I do stand around just for rebounds normally because I get so many, I set screens but knew I had to hurry to the basket after and retrieve shots. Others on the team are shooters so it works well. I guard my man way off as he usually is not that good and the other team does not pass to him so I am constantly double teaming guys and it disrupts their flow. I also jam the middle..the last play of the game big Jake ran into me and then made his shot..the old guy lost that one everyone said ha ha..turned 60 this month. I also fell to the floor sprawled out with Mike also...fun times..we both laugh.
        Everyone is nice to me..they are all older and I make sure to say nice things to everyone and make them also feel good about how well they played...human beings need to be lifted up we are a strange lot.

Well around 270..I have a reason to keep faithful to the diet now Atkin's works.

Thanks for the ear.........
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: