ccgathering.com
September 30, 2014, 07:49:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggest church fraud/scam of the decade?  (Read 21321 times)
billy

Email

« on: January 27, 2011, 01:17:49 PM »

I am absolutely engraged by the ongoing money scam perpetuated nationwide by Mike Murdock.  David Cerullo, (son of Morris Cerullo) is the CEO of Inspiration Ministries.  Every night (overnight hours) they replay an installment of "Campmeeting" featuring Mike Murdock or his sidekick Todd Coontz, or Dave Martin.  Anyone else seen this?

Murdock is currently the king of "sew your seed" and asks for $1000 sent to his ministry. (NOT your local church).  He "decrees" uncommon financial favor to the contributor.  He promises great monetary blessing; just get your credit card out and call!  It takes very little research to find out Mr. Murdock lives in a multi-million dollar estate in a gated community, owns exotic cars and animals, flys in his private business jet.  And David Cerullo has built a large expensive house near Salem, SC.  Morris is filthy rich also, living in the San Diego area.  He was endicted on tax fraud charges several years ago. 

Mike Murdock preaches, as far as I have seen, ONLY about money, and lays a foundation toward the end of the broadcast where the viewer is solicited to sew the $1000 seed.  The promise of 100-fold return is given.  And you must go to the phones NOW, because "delayed obedience becomes disobedience".  "when you let go of what is in your hand, God lets go of what is in His hand".  Sadly there are many folks who send in the money and fall victim to this abhorration.
     This kind of financial hucksterism has always bothered me no-end.  More so, because its done in the name of God.  I wish there was a way to alert people, and to stop this kind of thing.  Any ideas?

Joel J.

Email

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »

Pretty sad ......MM was on Trinity and preaching the same..pretty sad..I know RW Shambach and a couple others do the same during pledge drives. Not that I watch much TBN I just catch it flipping through.
lanny

Email

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 07:40:47 PM »

---Never heard of them.
Lanny
billy

Email

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »

Hi Lanny,  Inspiration network and Word network are on Direct TV and also Dish, as well as the internet.  These clowns are on these networks, as well as a couple others.  Really, it's quite a large deal going on.  A google search will also inform you, if interested.  Mike Murdock, Todd Coontz, David and Morris Cerullo are the primary characters.....
Mark E. Dial

This picture taken 1985

Email

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 05:06:18 PM »

In 2002 someone on TBN made a statement. God wants his billions and you can keep a little bit. On You Tube you can find videos where your intended to write on all checks. "Money mine" often also showing video from such people pulling a bar with your hand going Ca ching. These types of scams are old called blessing packs. However they are not in the class the FBI goes after as clear fraud. Such as selling cars from an unseen estate in California all over the country threw churches at rock bottom prices. It turns out no such estate or cars ever were. One other on selling reality threw churches also resulted in serving big time. The problem today is people are becoming less moral than ever. Churches are larger but offerings are lower. What do you expect with 45 million on food stamps and 22% unemployed. Please sell your Lear jets, your list of Rolls and throw out all that old food of yours it just makes you fat.  If you think it is bad now hold your vomit for a bit later. Some churches are being paid to spy and report from the Fed. Also to tell the public to go peacefully to FEMA camps if needed. Many cities are so broke they are billing churches for property taxes and what ever they can get and the Federal government may tax churches unless they make compromises. If it is God's money it must belong to the state anyway judges could rule. 

I posted a video on You Tube under (search) Markafeller. A view into the future part 1 and 2. I expected things to get far worse than it is today. However it will fall off a cliff in a year or so. It just states what I have talked about in other posts. 

Gordy
Administrator

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »

These are the Moochers in our society, the private counterpart of Looters which reside in the halls of government tyranny and waste. Both are criminals in my opinion. The law should protect you from them (especially the looters) not them from you. They are the criminals in a just society. 

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
candy

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »

Billy,

I have been trying to e-mail you.  Your address is outdated.  Could you pm me?

Thanks,

Candy
Salvation Highway

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »

It is with deep regret that I too have seen this show. I am saddened and will say this is not Biblical but an abomination to God!

Mr. Murdock once had a disclaimer roll across the bottom of an event shown on TBN. STATING TITIHING WILL NOT NECESSARILY COME BACK TO YOU TEN FOLD...HOW INTERESTING?!

Jesus never promises us health, wealth and prosperity. I would suggest those who have a problem with this "youtube" "John Piper" and listen to his "Health, Wealth & Propserity" message.
I am also shocked Perry Stone would be engaged in this sort of message with these people.

Jesus specifically said we would suffer much tribulation, and we would be hated and handed over to those for His name sake. Don't get me wrong, I believe in tithing, I believe we will be
blessed, but not in ways of what we expect but rather what the mind of God YHWH has in store for us.

RUN from these people, run in the opposite direction...for you shall know them by their fruits and their fruits bare nothing but seeds that dont grow as they say.

A recent Senator named Chuck Grassley did an investigation on Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Kenneth Copeland andmany others on TBN. Although the charges were dropped these people would NOT cooperate.
THEY ARE WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING!!!!

I would ask all to go to ....www.ministrywatch.com for those who should be alert to ministries they give to or support. for they are falsifying ledgers and books and there is a Honors list of those who are HONORABLE and have open books.

Remember what the Bible says...in the end times there will people who will have "itching ears" because they want to hear something that makes them feel good. Problem is if you are a Christian and
fall for this garbage YOU deserve it, it is not of the Holy Spirit!

One great minister said, it very simple and put it in this way..."it's not about you trying to do Gods will, it's about dying to yourself, picking up your cross and follwoing Him everyday, in everyway in constant prayer"

Don't be a fan, become a follower in JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD, OUR ONLY HOPE  -

I BEG HIM TO GIVE DISCERNMENT, GRACE, MERCY WITH ATRUE AND CONTRITE HEART WITH A DEEP REPENTANCE AND FAITH IN HIM ALONE, MAY YOU GO TO ALL CORNERS AND PRONOUNCE HIS NEVER ENDING GLORY FOR THOSE WHO NEED HIM, ARE LOST, MISS GUIDED AND HEAR THE WRONG GOSPLE'

YOUR BROTHER AND FRIEND
+ > E

THE CROSS IS GREATER THEN THE SUM OF ALL THINGS

AGAPE LOVE
SALVATION HIGHWAY

GO SEE     WWW.NOTAFAN.COM

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:10:15 PM by Salvation Highway » Logged
Bob Sackett

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 08:29:03 PM »

Seeding into a ministry is just flat wrong.  So many people say that now.  First thing I think is " CROOK ".  Sad so many people are sucked into saying it.

I will over come at least untill I think up something new
dasheight

Email

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »

I really feel this type of scam is close to Grieving the Spirit of God. Jesus threw out the money changers who were corrupt and I get a feeling there will be some more "Holy" smack down getting ready to happen.
mariep

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 12:04:36 PM »

I caught this show on BET very late the last two nights and I also was appalled.  I couldn't figure out where the "seed money" was going at first, then he started talking about his home(s), cars, and, unbelievably, his jet.  I have a hard time believing that he's actually a Christian.  He evidently has no real fear of God. Roll Eyes  He gives us all a bad name. 
Salvation Highway

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 04:51:46 PM »

Actually there are three versions of this...one is Southeastern Universitie singers, another is a sit down with a balck pastor and the other is with another Choir which aired this weekend on BET.

What amazes me, he on the show with Morris Cerullos son and SE university singers he calls people dumb, stupid and ignorant...I just cant iunderstand a person who is to have the Spirit of Jesus in them call others these sorts of names. It is not cursing but to take anhyone to a level because they are not as smart or learned ad you is down right insulting and not of God. Somewhere in Ezekile ( and I could be wrong) I know it says something to the efeect of mocking or makiing fun of others.

God Bless....thanks for letting me share.
Mark E. Dial

This picture taken 1985

Email

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »

Lets take this to Scripture. Sardis was a rich city that became poor and compromised. Its end was of violence. Even the cities name means few. As your seeing a decline in numbers. When you look at the Scriptures dealing with the latter rain. The is a clear sign of wealth. To clear this up first look at Laodicea the peoples justice or what they think is just. It is vomited out. That is what is hidden is now public (and that story has not happened yet). It is about a small group of people as a like example of the rest of this entire church. This is about a court case before caught stated they were rich increased with goods and have need of nothing. The other story of this is Zach 5 being seen as the woman in a ephah being of the likeness of the rest. It is made public and exposed then taken away. Being not cold or hot (as water is) being desirable and in addition the water brought into Laodicea was toxic due to minerals. Including lead as in the mad hatter. The nature of extreme greed, stealing scams that seemed just. In other words being thieves and given over to lies. The condition fits the story of talents and what we are seeing today. It is just after a violent condition in the future will become far more aggravated. You note their homes (likely stolen are burned up by a flying scroll or the result of this one legal act.

The story of Sodom is of a green grass place that was attractive to outsiders as a sign of wealth. Inside it had been looted by an outside city once and the king of Sodom confiscated and oppressed the people. The cult like practice of also do what I say not as do and I rub it in your face. The poverty and screwing up of minds resulted in a place well known for thieves. The city also had a judge who being so liberal ordered beds in the street for the homosexual rape of any passer bye and can only guess what else. The point being that it was a state of extreme aggravated evil by conditions, full of mental illness, suicide  and delusions.  That love to pray on and oppress others without concern.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: