ccgathering.com
July 25, 2017, 12:48:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brad the Lawyer's YouTube Channel  (Read 2511 times)
exchapel

« on: October 23, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

As a former member of community chapel it was a bit surreal to attend a legal seminar put on by the criminal law section of the Washington State Bar Association lately, because the two-day event was at the chapel campus. It really hasn't changed much. At one point the King County Prosecutor, who is from Normandy Park and grew up in Burien during the chapel days, provided a "little history" of the building to the few hundred lawyers attending. He was pretty fair. It was quite a moment for me. I think the last time I sat in that building was a camp-meeting in 1984.

Anyway, some of you know me, most of you don't. I have a YouTube channel called The Church of the Son of God and I've mentioned it as the humanity of Jesus channel before. I think it pops up when you search The Church of the Son of God on Google or YouTube. I used to preach a bit in Chippewa Falls back in the day, was just a kid then, in my twenties. My YouTube channel is my only outlet for what is now a dormant calling I guess many of us once felt.

I had a great conversation lately with a former member of chapel, she now lives in California; it is just so amazing to me to see the continuing depth of emotion and spirituality that comes with our common experience. To all, hang in there and know Jesus understands what we've experienced. He loves us dearly, and knows us intimately.

Brad Mehtala
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »

That would be a little strange going back there for me too. I have driven through the lot a few times since leaving in 1985 for the last time and that was even an odd experience. One of the past posters here went in and took a few pictures including the door on the notorious E250 room. I find myself recalling most of those days less and less which is normal I think. I hope.  Grin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
Bob Sackett

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »

HI Brad,  Concerning Jesus I have been saying for many years now that he is not God.   Only one God, the Father.  And Jesus is not him.  Two totally different persons or actually entities.

Bob Sackett

I will over come at least untill I think up something new
Helen

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 05:40:14 AM »

Speaking of our old church property, it's interesting that the new owners of the East campus property sold the back half and construction started some months back on a new cul-de-sac.  They sold about 1/3 of the parking lot with the back property and there will be about a dozen of those larger scale homes put up.  I always thought that would happen one day.

Helen                         
          "Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure.
                 For if you do these things, you will never fall"
                      II Peter 1:10  NIV
candy

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »

Brad, I went there for a class that was being held in about 1998.  It was pretty emotional for me to be there.  I just wish it hadnt gone in such a bad direction.  Will check out your youtube site!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: