ccgathering.com
July 25, 2017, 12:48:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebola threat  (Read 3129 times)
Admin
Administrator

« on: October 02, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »

I have been staying tuned into this one as I have believed it was coming to our land in some manner or other. My question is do you believe the government's 'don't worry' campaign?  There are certainly other voices out there that have credentials that are claiming the number of ways to communicate this disease are far greater than what the CDC is telling us. Since it seems the government rarely tells us the truth in such matters I am highly skeptical.

If this begins to explode out of control civil disorder may become a serious issue. I actually have changed travel plans to avoid air travel until I see more evidence this is not a time bomb. We'll know before too many more days.

It seems the fact it has arrived indicates it is not under control. I realize the government should not unnecessarily cause fear or panic but my hunch is they are underplaying this. To what degree I am unsure. How about you?

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
Underdog
CCG Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »

I personally don't put much credence in "the government" coverup scenario.  There really is no one entity -- the government.  There are a bunch of people with various skills, jobs, assignments, competency levels, etc., working for an endless array of agencies and departments.  There is no way all of these groups and individuals can act as a single "government" with a single agenda or single message.

That said, Ebola as well as other viruses are always a threat.  All life on this planet is in a constant arms race between evolving viruses and evolving immunities.  Some of the threats are down right scary.

On a somewhat related note, a while back I read Deadly Outbreaks: How Medical Detectives Save Lives Threatened by Killer Pandemics, Exotic Viruses, and Drug-Resistant Parasites.  It's a fascinating look at how hard-working scientists address these type of disease outbreaks.  The story of how the CDC scientists solved the Legionnaire's mystery illness is amazing.

Your confidence in a proposition should be proportional to the strength of the evidence supporting it.
Jerry Coyne
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »

The government does have a singular voice many times and that is what I am referring to. Those working on the lower echelons rarely speak up. They are busy when these things affect them and they certainly worry about retribution.

We already have a problem with what the government has told us. It was stated there is little chance of it coming to our shores. It wasn't but a few days when that was found to be erroneous. We were also told there were very strict protocols in affect that assured it would be caught early or that people were being carefully screened coming into the country.. Wrong on both counts and in a big way. The hospital turned the Texas case away giving him some antibiotics. The "strict screening" turned out to be the traveler answering yes or no so a simple lie totally brings down the system.

Before it did come to our shores I knew the statement there was only a slight chance of it coming to America was not true as we have a southern border wide open for all practical purposes and on Natural News they claim there are Ebola cases in Mexico. I am waiting for confirmation but anyone should be able to see the danger of our southern border being so porous. Considering less cynical methods, such as exactly what happened, makes the claim of remote chances of it coming here even more ridiculous and adds to the deserved skepticism of those not buying the official story hook line and sinker.

There are also claims by those with credentials that the manner in which it can be spread are highly understated by the CDC. So my issue is not a government cover up as much as setting up a false sense of security instead of being brutally honest and forthright. I believe government should not unnecessarily cause panic but they should also not play down serious threats. Their primary responsibility is to protect and defend our lives, liberty and property and when they fail it usually is due to lack of transparency and honesty. Even if you use the CDC guidelines as absolute truth, without question, there are scenarios where bodily fluids are transferred without intimate contact with one infected and contagious. It is said most people touch their face up to 100 times per hour. How about this scenario - someone contagious rubs an eye and gets tear fluid (bodily fluid)  and then uses a touchscreen at an ATM, kiosks at an airport check in, check outs at retails stores, etc. The Ebola virus can live up to several hours on surfaces unless in direct sunlight or is disinfected. This is a channel for contamination and infecting others. There is no way around it and this is within what I believe to be overly narrow channels of spreading the disease (contact with bodily fluids) the CDC claims is the case.

I have little confidence in the voice of government as it routinely turns out to be false by either outright intentional lies or incompetence. Regardless of the reason the message is quite often wrong, putting unreserved faith in the official proclamations because there are people working hard on something or any other false sense of security is being far more naive or myopic than I am comfortable with based on a lifetime of observation.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:03:49 PM by Gordy » Logged

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »

Here is a link to consider for those interested in one of many alternative sources to use when deciding their position besides the official taking points. The author has been way ahead of the curve on this and many other health related issues. There is a lot of marketing on the site so consider that too.

There is a list of resources he used to put together his 10 points at the bottom of the page. I do not take every point he made as strong or even reasonable but there are some that have credible sources to back the info up and make sense. He is pushing the intentional motive mainly whereas I would exchange incompetence as the reason for many of the ridiculous things occurring within government circles.

http://www.naturalnews.com/047118_Ebola_pandemic_US_government_American_cities.html
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:58:47 PM by Gordy » Logged

Underdog
CCG Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »

I see your link, and raise you two.   Wink

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2014/09/25/the-fda-cracks-down-on-ebola-quacks-and-mike-adams-loses-it/

Unfortunately, whenever there’s panic over a disease, whatever the disease is, there soon follows quackery in response to that panic, from quacks who are either looking to make a buck or who are true believers (or both).

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2014/09/18/mike-adams-and-natural-biopreparedness-against-ebola-and-pandemics/

Of course, it doesn’t matter why Adams is doing this. It doesn’t matter if he’s making money off of it or not, although it’s not a trivial consideration if you first demonstrate how he gets the science and medicine wrong, which I’ve done. In fact, over the years, I’ve shown time and time again how Adams gets pretty much everything wrong. Anyone who relies on his advice to prevent or treat Ebola, much less any other viral pandemic disease, will likely regret it.  {Emphasis mine. UD}

Your confidence in a proposition should be proportional to the strength of the evidence supporting it.
Jerry Coyne
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:55:46 PM »

As I stated he is one of many alternative voices out there. There are differences of opinion and someone even with credentials can be wrong. Besides Adams check out doctor Gil Mobley, a micro biologist and emergency trauma ward expert. He has been on numerous news shows and has a different message than the CDC. I think he qualifies as a voice to be heard and considered.

But, let's forget about anything for a moment other than what has actually happened.

Obama stated the chances were slim that Ebola would come to America. He is the voice of the government though a chronically lying one at that. The official voice was wrong. He also stated that policies and procedures were in place to protect us. Wrong. One slipped through easier than poop goes through a goose. People have been infected in Africa that had no direct contact with any diseased person. One example was the NBC reporter. This strongly indicates the means of commuting the disease is broader than what the official story states. Regardless of links or who claims to be the so called "experts" these are things that actually have happened to date. They do not indicate the official story should be accepted at face value and instead needs a lot of scrutiny. Since no other "official" voices exist other than from within the government it is necessary to look at third party sources and evaluate for oneself.

There is a scandal growing over the way the apartment has been handled where the infected person and his family lived. It is loaded with bodily fluids (he was throwing up for a few days inside) and the family members were ordered to stay inside with no protection while it was being cleaned up. The vomit was hosed down the storm sewer system! That system goes for miles and miles contacting mice, rats and other critters that bite. This whole thing demands caution but it seems the incompetence of those in charge is the predominate force in action. I am sure the doctors and medical staff are doing everything they can and taking precautions but there is a lot more to it than professional medical and clinical people working the problem.

Two weeks from now we will certainly have a lot more data but in the meantime prudence demands questioning and thinking for yourselves as it should be always.

PS - The CDC has stated this disease is "hard to catch". If that is so why have highly trained doctors who know how to avoid contamination contracted Ebola? This indicates it isn't "hard to catch" when highly trained doctors are becoming victims themselves.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:00:51 PM by Gordy » Logged

Admin
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 12:49:21 AM »

Today I saw a brief segment in the news showing how WHO (World Health Organization) is contradicting the CDC on vectors and conditions for ebola transmission. I would hesitate to only accept what the CDC states. There are other experts in the field that disagree with the CDC on various details concerning the Ebola virus and how it is transmitted. Do your own research and be aware of things to help protect yourself if an outbreak here does occur. It seems Natiral News was way ahead of the CDC on this despite charges of his unreliability by his detractors. WHO and other experts are showing the confusion and disagreement amongst the experts so the obvious safe course is to take the most conservative approach in protecting oneself against contracting this virus.

Admin
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 11:28:36 AM »

I caught a segemnt on FOX with two doctors, Seagal (sp?) and Samahdi (?). I was listening so I didn't catch the spellings. When Samahdi mentioned there were some growing questions regarding how ebola is transmitted as a result of the NBC reporter getting it. Immediately, Seagal went into a near rage trying to shout down Samahdi as spreading fear and panic. This struck me as a perfect example of the thought police and MCCarty style tactics. There seems to be a hyper sensitivity about this by mainstream media and when a doctor dared to propose we need to restrict flight travelers from that region to the U.S. he was harassed for just speaking. This is the tactic we see consistently and sometimes viciously in our growing Fascist state. Don't dare speak out against the mainstream dogma or suffer their wrath, retribution including IRs harassment or much worse.

Admin
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »

It seems the CDC is rightfully under some scrutiny by the media. This "hard to catch" disease seems to be making the experts eat their words or maybe better, fumble around to explain their words to make the obvious less so.

Admin
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »

With the latest person to come down with "hard to catch" ebola (reported this morning) it seems the CDC's story is coming under even greater pressure. The warnings the "kook" on Natural News made were better than those of his detractors. Sometimes truth seems so radical and out of place.

The reports I heard is that this lady was another health worker caring for patient Zero. They are trying to contact everyone she was on a plane with the day before? Why is this necessary if it is so "hard to catch" and you must have direct contact with bodily fluids?

Admin
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 12:01:57 PM »

Just read where W.H.O. just announced the incubation period may be as long as 6 weeks, double what was previously and adamantly stated by the experts to be the case. It seems the experts need to regroup and take another shot at this otherwise pandemonium will be the norm. Our economy would crash if a widespread outbreak occurs. I am sure our enemies overseas are planning their part in this also.

Admin
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:07 AM »

So now we have the CDC telling the second health care worker she could fly despite she called them and told them she was running a temperature. It was a mild elevation but still, come on. Bumbling fools or something else? It Certainly isn't common sense being exhibited. Where are the so called experts when you really need them? They dismissed and ridiculed one of the few that had called this correctly and the "missteps" continue. If these are the gate keepers to protect the public health we are in trouble.

Admin
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 08:26:31 PM »

The unraveling continues of our leadership continues, relentlessly. Incompetence minimally, hopefully no evil intent. I have looked at the false flag claims and think they are whimsical at best. I haven't ruled out intentional contamination but at this point it may be a moot point. This latest nurse may have infected dozens or hundreds. If what has happened already doesn't create a massive plague then I can only assume those who hate us will be bringing it in and contaminating large populations. Today'so hearings and the Dallas nurses speaking out gives little hope this will be contained before many more cases develop.

The alleged "experts" keep saying a huge outbreak cannot occur in our developed country. I beg to differ. We move faster and come in contact with thousands of people when traveling in just a few hours. In West African villages they are no where near as mobile. Touch screens, public restrooms and numerous other contact points with a highly mobile population makes spreading it faster and further a very real scenario. Our whole airline industry may be in great peril. I wouldn't be holding any airline stock right now!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: